الرد على الموضوع  [ مشاركة واحده ] 
ed in contrast to his aggressive questioni 
الكاتب رسالة

اشترك في: 2018-01-29 4:37
مشاركات: 340
رد مع اقتباس
ST. LOUIS -- Marco Estrada is making up for lost time. The Milwaukee right-hander continued his string of strong performances in the Brewers 5-1 loss at St. Louis on Wednesday. Estrada allowed two hits and one earned run in 6 2-3 innings. He did not allow a hit until Matt Carpenter singled with two outs in the sixth. Estrada left the game with a 1-0 lead. Estrada is 2-0 with a 2.39 ERA in six starts since coming off the disabled list Aug. 7 after missing 62 days with a strained left hamstring muscle. \"Obviously, any time you have a good game, youre happy,\" he said. \"I just wish I would have started the season off a little better.\" Estrada has nine quality starts in 18 starts this season. He has allowed one earned run or fewer in four of his last six starts. Against the Cardinals, Estrada retired the side in order in four of the first five innings. \"Marco came out with great command and good stuff,\" Milwaukee manager Ron Roenicke said. \"He did a really nice job. Its unfortunate, hes had a couple of great starts and we didnt win the games.\" Estrada, who struck out six and walked three, was pitching on 12 days rest. He struggled early in the season giving up 13 earned runs over two outings in late April and early May. But he has come on of late and Wednesdays performance was another in a series of impressive outings. \"The (stint) on the DL hurt me, but Im trying to make the best of it,\" Estrada said. \"Ive got a couple starts left and I hope I can keep throwing well.\" Unfortunately, the Brewers didnt back him with enough offence. It marked their third loss in five games. Matt Adams had a two-run home run and the Cardinals broke open a tight game with four in the eighth. St. Louis won its fifth consecutive game to maintain a one-game lead over Pittsburgh and a three-game advantage on Cincinnati in the NL Central. The Pirates finished a three-game sweep at Texas and the Reds knocked off the Chicago Cubs earlier in the day. Lance Lynn had one of his best starts in more than a month. He went six innings and gave up an unearned run on five hits. \"Yeah, but its only one game,\" he said. \"You still got to get ready for the next one and try to improve off of tonight. There were a couple of mistakes I made and they went for hits and I walked a few guys, you dont want to do that ever. \"But tonight was a good building block going down the stretch here and get myself right for this team in this run were trying to make.\" He also struck out 10, the third time this season hes reached double digits and the sixth time in 61 starts. The effort marked the first since May 24 that Lynn didnt allow an earned run, a stretch of 20 games. He last won Aug. 4, when he gave up two runs in eight innings in a 15-2 victory at Cincinnati. Brandon Kintzler (3-2) gave up three runs on two hits and a walk while only getting two outs. He surrendered a game-tying hit in the seventh before loading the bases with one out in the eighth. Carlos Beltrans sacrifice fly off Michael Gonzalez scored Matt Carpenter to give the Cardinals a 2-1 lead. An error by catcher Jonathan Lucroy allowed Jon Jay to score and Adams followed with his 12th homer of the season. Trevor Rosenthal (2-3) had a hitless eighth inning for the win. \"Im frustrated,\" Roenicke said. \"Im tired of getting leads and just giving them away. Weve got to win some of these games where we get leads.\" Lynn allowed a hit in each of the first five innings but got hurt most because of one of his two walks in the second. His one-out pass of Scooter Gennett pushed Carlos Gomez to second. On a successful double steal, Gomez came home when Tony Cruzs attempt to get Gennett bounced into centerfield. The Cardinals broke through on an RBI hit from David Descalso. Matt Holliday led off with a single, the second hit against starter Estrada, and moved to second on a two-out walk to David Freese. Descalso sent Kintzlers second pitch down the left field line to score Holliday and tie the game at 1-1. NOTES: St. Louis C Yadier Molina missed the game for \"family matters,\" according to Matheny. The Cardinals did not elaborate on the reason or say when the All-Star catcher would return to the team. ... St. Louis distributed 7,906 complimentary tickets to first responders and military personnel in honour of Sept. 11. ... Tyler Thornburg (1-1, 2.08) is scheduled to start for Milwaukee in the finale of the three-game set Thursday and will face Joe Kelly (8-3, 2.74). Kelly has won his past five starts. ... Hockey great Wayne Gretzky watched the game from the front row. Melvin Ingram Jersey .com) - Cincinnati Reds pitcher Mat Latos had an arthroscopic procedure performed on his right elbow last week, the teams official site reported Wednesday. Craig Mager Jersey . Its not intended to be some magical formula and doesnt apply any context, like, for example, taking injuries into account. This remedial statistical method has gone 9-5 in picks through the first three rounds. http://www.authenticchargersnflfansmall ... ersey.aspx. The Pope greeted Klose at his general audience Wednesday and the pair had a long chat. Klose is German like the pope, although he was born in Poland. In Sundays derby, Lazio took the lead in the seventh minute after Maarten Stekelenburg brought down Klose, resulting in the Roma goalkeeper being sent off and a penalty that Hernanes converted. Kyle Emanuel Jersey .com) - Even-money favorite Liams Map proved a little too tough down the stretch and won Saturdays $100,000 Harlans Holiday Stakes at Gulfstream Park. Adrian Phillips Jersey . -- Terry Francona likened the atmosphere at Kauffman Stadium on Tuesday to a playoff game in October.PRETORIA, South Africa -- Using witness accounts of a panicked nighttime phone call from Oscar Pistorius begging for help and his desperate pleas for Reeva Steenkamp to stay alive, the defence at his murder trial tried to reinforce its case Monday that the double-amputee Olympian fatally shot his girlfriend in a tragic error of judgment. Johan Stander and his daughter Carice Viljoen, neighbours and friends of Pistorius, testified that they were at the runners villa soon after the shooting on Feb. 14, 2013 and that Pistorius was praying, trying to help Steenkamp breathe and urging her to live. Viljoen testified that Pistorius was saying to Steenkamp as she lay on the floor with multiple gunshot wounds: \"Stay with me, my love, stay with me.\" The world-famous disabled runner had shot four times through a toilet cubicle door with his 9 mm pistol minutes earlier, hitting Steenkamp in the hip, arm and head. He claims he thought she was a dangerous intruder in the cubicle in his darkened bathroom. Prosecutors maintain Pistorius, 27, is lying about the perceived trespasser, and his story is designed to cover up that he killed the 29-year-old model intentionally in the midst of a heated argument. The first amputee to run at the Olympics in 2012, Pistorius faces 25 years to life in prison if convicted of a premeditated murder charge. The testimonies from the neighbours began the seventh week of proceedings in the globally televised trial, which resumed after a two-week recess. Stander testified that Pistorius phoned him at around 3:19 a.m. -- about two minutes after the shooting. Pistorius told him he had thought Steenkamp was an intruder and shot her, Stander testified, and Stander and his daughter went to Pistorius house after the world-famous runner pleaded for him to come and help. \"I saw the truth there that morning. I saw it and I feel it,\" Stander testified, saying he believed that the shooting was accidental because of Pistorius desperation when they found him carrying a bloodied Steenkamp downstairs from the upstairs bathroom. Pistorius was \"really crying. He was in pain,\" Stander said. Standers own voice shook at one point and he became emotional as he described Pistorius state. \"He was torn apart, broken, desperate, pleading,\" Stander said. \"Its difficult really to describe.\" The defence was trying to underline its scenario that Pistorius was emotionally distressed after shooting Steenkamp by mistake.dddddddddddd Pistorius lawyers were also trying to regain some momentum after chief prosecutor Gerrie Nel put Pistorius under intense pressure during the runners own testimony, which appeared to show some inconsistencies in his story. The prosecution has preferred to focus on events before the killing -- and not Pistorius demeanour afterward -- to try and show that his version is a fabrication, including that he never attempted to locate Steenkamp despite knowing she was awake before walking to the bathroom on his stumps and firing through the toilet door. Pistorius slumped forward in the Pretoria courtroom Monday with his head in his hands as details of what may have been Steenkamps last moments alive were discussed. Cross-examining Stander, Nel questioned if he was a good friend of Pistorius and therefore trying to \"assist\" the defence. Stander said he had known Pistorius since 2009 and looked after his home and dogs when he was away. Nel asked if the friendship led him to back Pistorius story. Stander said he also knew Steenkamp. \"Im here to give the truth,\" Stander said. \"And I think Ive given the truth, what I saw that morning.\" Nels manner in cross-examining both Stander and Viljoen was relatively subdued in contrast to his aggressive questioning during his five-day questioning of Pistorius, and of two expert witnesses for the defence. Stander earlier recounted the telephone call from Pistorius that woke him up in the pre-dawn hours of Valentines Day. \"He (Pistorius) said on the call, Johan, please, please, please come to my house. Please. I shot Reeva. I thought she was an intruder. Please come quick,\" Stander said. Viljoen testified that when they arrived at the house, Pistorius begged her to help him get Steenkamp into a car so they could take her to a hospital. Viljoen said she urged Pistorius to \"just put her down\" so they could try and stop the bleeding. As Viljoen spoke, her voice broke and she became tearful. \"I just saw blood everywhere,\" she said. Her father stepped outside to telephone an ambulance, Viljoen said, and she went upstairs to fetch towels to stop the bleeding. Pistorius was pleading for Steenkamp to stay alive, she said. \"He kept on egging Reeva to just stay with him,\" she testified. Cheap Jerseys Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys China \' \' \'

2018-05-02 23:35
تقرير عن هذه المشاركة
يشاهد الملف الشخصي
عرض مشاركات سابقة منذ:  مرتبة بواسطة  
الرد على الموضوع   [ مشاركة واحده ] 

الموجودون الآن

المستخدمون المتصفحون لهذا المنتدى: لا يوجد أعضاء مسجلين متصلين و 4 زائر/زوار

تستطيع كتابة مواضيع جديدة في هذا المنتدى
تستطيع كتابة ردود في هذا المنتدى
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك في هذا المنتدى
لا تستطيع حذف مشاركاتك في هذا المنتدى
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملف في هذا المنتدى